Sunken Garden Park
1000 Rock Springs Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
- Morningside-Lenox Park
- East Rock Springs Road NE, Sussex Road, Plymouth Road, Sussex Road West
- Hours of Operation:
- Daylight Hours
- City of Atlanta Bureau of Parks (404.817.6744)
- On-street parking; church parking is available across the street at times when it is not needed for the church
- As it's name indicates, this is park is located in a sunken area below street level. This is a small park with sloping sides that go down to a flat, open greenspace, the northern end of which has a children's playground with several pieces of play equipment. Sunken Garden Park is one in a series of 3 contiguous parks (Sunken Garden, Sussex, and Lenox-Wildwood) that are separated by cross-streets. Together, they comprise a significant stretch of parkland and make a nice amenity for the Morningside-Lenox Park neighborhood.
- Park benches; playscape; greenspace
- The park is virtually non-accessible to individuals with significant motor disabilities.
- This is very small neighborhood park. From the street, the property is about the same width as 2 house lots. And since the park is located below street level, it doesn't present a very impressive site from the street. But it is a nice greenspace for neighborhood residents.
- This park is quite small, but there is an open grassy area at one end where people can exercise their dogs. Remember Atlanta laws require dogowners to keep their dogs leashed and under their control while in City parks (or on the street), and to clean up after their dogs, so don't forget your baggie!
- Playground Equipment:
- There are several pieces of play equipment at the northern end of the park.
- Where is this park?
- This park is located at 1000 Rock Springs Road NE in the Morningside-Lenox Park neighborhood of the City of Atlanta in Fulton County.
Click here for a street map from Expedia.com - map will open in separate window.