Atlanta, GA 30307
- Candler Park
- McLendon Avenue, Candler Park Drive, Terrace Avenue, Callan Circle
- Hours of Operation:
- Daylight Hours
- City of Atlanta Parks Department
- Large free lot accessed from McLendon Avenue
- A wonderful intown neighborhood park with lots of amenities. This park is nicely laid out with varied landscaping and topography. There are naturalistic areas in addition to well-designed areas for specific uses
- Executive length 9-hole golf course (view 2; view 3); new playground; tennis courts; basketball courts; swimming pool; soccer field; picnic pavillions and tables
- People with motor disabilities can access large areas of this park using the concrete pathways. There is a turnaround at the end of the parking lot that provides very close access to the children's playground and swimming pool.
- This is one of the nicer intown parks. It is quite large and makes excellent use of its space. Between the golf course and the naturalistic areas of the park, there is a nice variety of landscaping. The hardscaping is harmonious -- with tennis courts, for example, tucked up into the trees at the top of a small hill.
- As with all City of Atlanta parks, dogs MUST be leashed and dog-owners are required to clean up after their pets.
- Where is this park?
- This park is located on McLendon Avenue between Candler Park Drive and Callan Circle in the Candler Park neighborhood of the City of Atlanta in DeKalb County.
[See a map of the area.]