Bessie Branham Park
2051 Delano Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30317
- Delano Drive (North), Norwood Avenue (East), Ridgedale Avenue (South), and Kirkwood Road (West)
- Recreation Center
Hours of Operation:
- 10:00a - 10:00p (M-Th)
10:00a - 07:00p (F-Sa)
12:00a - 04:00p (Su)
- Carol R. Alonza (404.371.5010)
City of Atlanta Bureau of Parks (404.817.6744)
- Newly renovated recreation center (see below); cyber center; baseball/softball field; basketball court (indoor and outdoor); tennis courts; picnic tables with benches; Urban Tree House; playground (see below); greenspace
- The recreation center is accessible, as are tennis courts and basketball courts. The Urban Tree House (left), a very large deck with seating overlooking the park, is accessible from Ridgedale Avenue. The children's play area is not accessible to wheelchairs.
- The park is nice, but not exceptionally attractive. The field is not finished into a baseball diamond and the grass is sometimes a bit high. An area of trees has been planted by the parking lot, which should provide an appealing shady area once the trees mature. It is a nice greenspace, but would benefit from better landscaping. The recreation center is excellent. It has just undergone a multi-million dollar renovation, and it is very clean and has some great amenities (see below).
- The large greenspace is an excellent place to walk your dog, but remember Atlanta ordinances require dogs to remain leashed while in City parks, and dog owners are required to clean up their pet's waste, so don't forget your baggie!
- Recreation Center Facilities:
- Large community room, gymnasium with indoor basketball courts, men's and women's locker rooms, classrooms, physical fitness room, library, arts & crafts room, pottery kiln, kitchen
- Playground Equipment:
- Large wooden play structure, swings, slides
- Additional Information:
- The Recreation Center houses one of the City of Atlanta's new Cyber Centers with computers and other high-tech equipment available throughout the week.
Resident and non-resident organizations may rent classrooms within the recreation center by the hour.