Atlanta-Midtown Businesses | Community | Neighborhoods | Homes | Schools | Kids & Families | Eating | Events | Arts & Entertainment | Site Index | Search

Atlanta transportation links
atlanta-midtown.com : community : transportation : links

Metro-Wide Resources

Georgia Navigator
Service of the Georgia Department of Transportation with real-time alerts to highway accidents, construction, and congestion

Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
Operating bus and rail service throughout the Metro Atlanta area (primarily inside I-285)

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Major international airport located south of Downtown Atlanta

Amtrak
Nationwide rail service - terminal located at 1688 Peachtree Street (Brookwood Station 30309)

Greyhound
Nationwide bus service - terminal located at 232 Forsyth Street (Downtown 30303) - 404.584.1728

Commute Connections
Commuter ride-matching service of the Atlanta Regional Commission

Metro VanPool
Van and carpooling resource

Local/Neighborhood Resources

Buckhead Transportation Management Authority
Transportation information specific to Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood

Clifton Corridor Transportation Management Association (CCTMA)
Transportation information specific to the area around Emory University

Midtown Transportation Management Association
Transportation information specific to the Midtown neighborhood

Perimeter Transporation Coalition
Transportation information specific to the "Central Perimeter" area north of downtown Atlanta, at the intersection of I-285 and GA Hwy 400, roughly equidistant between I-75 and I-85

Advocacy Groups

Atlanta Bicycling Campaign
Organization to promote bicycle transportation and use in the Metro Atlanta area

Clean Air Campaign
The mission of The Clean Air Campaign is to motivate Georgians to take action to improve air quality and reduce traffic congestion.

Path Foundation
Mon-profit organization dedicated to developing a metrowide trail system for Atlanta

Pedestrians Educating Drivers About Safety (PEDS)
A member-based advocacy organization dedicated to making metro Atlanta safe and accessible for all pedestrians

Other Transportation Links

Clean Air Force
Information about Georgia's vehicle emmision and maintenance program (mandatory throughout the Metro Atlanta region)

Links updated: 02.13.2005

Atlanta-Midtown Search: